Welcome to the
Dealer Learning Center
The 2017 Car Buyer Journey Study explores how consumers shop, conduct research, make vehicle purchase decisions, and allocate their time along the car buying journey. Check out this year’s compelling new data about:
· How dealer websites drive dealership visits.
· Why shoppers didn’t buy from the first dealership they visited.
· How prior consumer awareness is critical to F&I sales.
· The importance of maintenance & repair services and how to optimize fixed ops.
· Which differentiators have the biggest impact on customer satisfaction.
The 2016 Car Buyer Journey Study by IHS (commissioned by Cox Automotive) has revealed new insights about the prevalence of online shopping, the relative importance of various Internet resources and the use of multiple devices during the car-buying process. The study also provides details about how car buyers consider a variety of makes/models and purchase options as they shop, and examines what consumers like and dislike the most about the car-buying process.
Of the time spent in the car buying process, 60 percent is allocated to using third-party sites or apps to research and shop online, according to the inaugural Car Buyer Journey study.